Brand Director/Director of Sales
Promotes company’s products and services in order to attain maximum sales volume. Focus on new and emerging markets within designated area(s). Develop and implements strategic plans to rapidly generate new business with key accounts and new customers. Develop, implement, and manage account strategies for sales, merchandising, product placement, etc. Meet with and monitor stores for proper product presentation to ensure top level appearance, and ensure that retail sales associates have the tools and product knowledge necessary to effectively demonstrate and sell the product(s) to our customers. Prepare and conduct product training and presentation with retail sales associates. Regularly evaluate customer performance and develop strategies to sustain success and improve deficiencies. Represents Company at any promotional events as needed which may include weekends and holiday events. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Grow and develop the Milton Brand in a new and emerging market (mattress and bedding)
• Works with Sales Manager and Brand Director to maximize sales volume
• Develop Strategic Plans to rapidly generate new business with key accounts in the marketplace
• Develop, implement, and manage account strategies for sales, merchandising, product placement, etc.
• Identify opportunities for territory growth through new potential accounts.
• Works independently and within a team on achieving Sales goals
• Ensure that all customer’s needs and expectations are met
• Build and maintain relationships that drive revenue growth and profitability
• Works with other Sales staff to ensure product coverage
• Represents company at promotional events as needed which may include weekends and holiday events
• Communicates with Production and Sales team to ensure product components and delivery are met
• Regularly evaluate customer performance and develop strategies to sustain successes and improve deficiencies
• Excellent time management skills
• Broad Outside Sales/Territory Sales experience
• Manufacturing Sales experience.
• Home Furnishings Industry sales preferable
• Able to communicate an engage with customers
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
• Experience with cold calling
• Motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of related outside sales territory experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Manufacturing/Home Furnishings highly preferable
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Work is Sales related in nature with frequent driving
· Daily driving between customer locations
· Reliable transportation required (travel within territory)
· Valid driver’s license. Proof of valid auto insurance req’d
· Evening, weekend and some overnight travel required
· Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional communication ability
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Electronic Systems knowledge (MS Office, Outlook, Excel)
· Proven time management and organizational skills
· Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance required
· Daily driving within identified territory as well as occasional evening, weekend and overnight travel required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer • Drug-Free Working Environment